Beach Soccer Rules of the Game - Rule 13
RULE 13 - THE PENALTY KICK
The penalty kick:
A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits one of the offenses for which a direct free kick is awarded, inside its own penalty area and while the ball is in play.
A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick.
Additional time is allowed for a penalty kick to be taken at the end of each period of the match or of the extra time.
Position of the Ball and the Players:
· is placed at the centre of the penalty area line (30 feet from the center of the goal).
The player taking the penalty kick:
· is the one who was fouled, unless seriously injured, in which case, his substitute does.
The defending goalkeeper:
· remains on his goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, until the ball has been kicked, and is allowed to moved sideways.
The players other than the kicker are located:
· inside the field;
· outside the penalty area;
· behind or to the side of the ball;
· at least 16 m from the ball.
· does not signal for a penalty kick to be taken until the players have taken up position in accordance with the Rule;
· decides when a penalty kick has been completed.
· The player taking the penalty kicks the ball forward;
· he may not play the ball a second time until it has touched another player;
· the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward.
When a penalty kick is taken during the normal course of play, or time has been extended at the end of each period to allow a penalty kick to be taken or retaken, a goal is awarded if, before passing the goalposts and under the crossbar:
· the ball touches either or both of the goalposts, and/or the crossbar and/or the goalkeeper.
If a player of the defending team infringes this Rule:
· the kick is retaken, only if a goal is not scored;
· the kick is not retaken if a goal is scored.
If a team-mate of the player taking the kick infringes this Rule of the Game:
· the kick is retaken if a goal is scored;
· the kick is not retaken if a goal is not scored.
If the player taking the kick infringes this Rule of the Game after the ball is in play:
· a direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.